Fort Valley Peach Cobbler
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Cup Self-Rising Flour
- 2 Cups Sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- Dash Salt
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Sliced Peaches (Fresh, Frozen or canned) * Or other fruit of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place Butter in baking dish and place in the oven while preheating to melt (this saves a step).
- Make batter by combining the flour, 1 cup of the sugar, baking powder, salt and milk.
- Pour batter over butter. Do not stir!
- If using canned fruit, drain before adding the sugar. Combine remaining sugar and fruit. Pour fruit mixture on top of batter. Do not stir!
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees F.
- Serve warm or cold with whipped cream or ice cream. Serves about 6.
* You can substitute any fruit or berries for the peaches. We like strawberries for this very much. I also sometimes add a half teaspoon of vanilla extract or a pinch of cinnamon to enhance the flavor, especially when using apples in place of the peaches.
If you or someone you know would enjoy hearing from us, please visit us at Natural Health Wise and get free instant access to our 20 Superfoods Report, great recipes, nutrition information and much more!