Karen’s Autumn Salad
- 1 10 oz. package chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 6 oz. package fresh spinach
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3-4 ribs celery, diced
- 1 8 oz. bar sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 3-4 large honeycrisp or ambrosia apples, cored and sliced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup walnut halves or pieces
- 3-4 chicken breasts, grilled and sliced )optional)
- 2 cups Karen’s Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing (or more to taste)
- Core and slice apples. Pour a little dressing over them to prevent browning.
- Wash greens and layer into salad bowls.
- Top salad with onion, celery and cheese.
- Arrange grilled chicken on top of salad, if using.
- Place apple slices over chicken layer.
- Sprinkle cranberries and walnuts onto salad.
- Drizzle about ¼ cup of the dressing over salad and serve immediately.
Serves 8. Add some crusty bread, or whole-grain crackers for a complete meal.
If you or someone you know would enjoy hearing from us, please visit us at Natural Health Wise and get free instant access to our 20 Superfoods Report, great recipes, nutrition information and much more.