This recipe is very popular at my house. It tends to get gobbled up as fast as I can make it. It is also very versatile. Enjoy!
1 (24 ounce) package French Onion Dip
1 cup Creamy Portabella Mushroom Soup *
1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheese *
1 (30 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes *
1 (6 ounce) package Crispy Fried Onions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, combine dip, soup and cheese
- Add potatoes and gently mix until fully combined
- Place potato mixture into a 9” X 13” baking dish
- Sprinkle fried onions evenly over top
- Bake, uncovered for 1 hour
Serves about 8
I use the creamy portabella soup in the carton instead of condensed soup from a can because it has less sodium. If you prefer, you can use a 10 ¾ ounce can of condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup and add ½ cup milk.
- You can use any flavor of cheese you like. But, I use a package called “casserole blend,” which is a mixture of Monterey jack and Colby cheeses.
- I’ve tried diced potatoes, shredded potatoes and even “Tater Tots” for this. I’ve finally settled on the shredded kind. But, use whichever you like best.
If you or someone you know would enjoy hearing from us, please visit us at Natural Health Wise and get free instant access to our 20 Superfoods Report, great recipes, nutrition information and much more!