I just discovered the most delicious apples and had to share them with you… Honeycrisp apples are now not only my favorite apple, but I think they may be my new favorite fruit. To celebrate my discovery, I have developed an awesome recipe for Waldorf salad to show them off. I thought I’d just share my recipe with you. I hope you like it…
Karen’s Special Waldorf Salad
- Serves 8 – 10
- 6 Honeycrisp apples
- 2 Golden Delicious apples
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (about ½ large lemon)
- 1 ½ cups diced celery
- 1 ½ cups coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 ½ cups red seedless grapes, halved (my favorites are Cotton
- andy grapes)
- 1 ½ cups miniature marshmallows (optional)
- ¾ cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1 cup mayonnaise, reduced fat, or vanilla yogurt
- Salad greens (optional)
Wash, core and chop apples into bite-sized pieces. Do not peel apples. Toss apples in lemon juice to prevent browning. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except salad greens. Mix gently. Cover and chill for at least one hour before serving. To serve, place a small handful of salad greens, if using, on a salad plate and top with a generous portion of the Waldorf salad. Serves 8-10.
If you or someone you know would enjoy hearing from us, please visit us at Natural Health Wise and get free instant access to our 20 Superfoods Report, great recipes, nutrition information and much more!