Do you know that meditation can bring you greater success and balance in all areas of your life? Do you avoid meditation because you think it takes too much time, or requires special skills? Take a look at 3 Minute Meditations and take the first step now toward improving your life with the hidden power of meditation.
What if you could program a computer to create more success and happiness for yourself? You absolutely can, and you don’t even have to buy expensive software. The subconscious mind is like an internal computer you can use to achieve the life of your dreams. The way to program your subconscious is through meditation and visualization techniques. These simple exercises are easy and promote well-being on so many levels. Don’t doubt the effectiveness of what I’m about to share with you, or you’ll be blocking the possibilities right from the start. In fact, you are already programming your mind; you just don’t realize it. Every belief that you tell yourself becomes your experience, whether you want it or not. Your subconscious doesn’t have a filter to keep out bad thoughts so you need to constantly watch where your thinking is running off to. Even though you really want to be rich and famous, you probably have some doubts about what you can achieve. The more you entertain those doubts, the more they come true. Thoughts like “I’ll never have enough money” will result in just that: not enough money. Many people report using visualization techniques to manifest success, happiness and even improve their golf game, all by just thinking about it. If you can train your mind to imagine something and even have a virtual experience of it, the more likely you are to get it in real life.
This is a very simple process that doesn’t take much time, special equipment or a lot of instruction. It is easy to do almost anywhere, and when you start seeing results, you’ll be hooked. Do the following once a day for best results:
- Set aside a time and place for a meditation practice. Turn off mobile devices, and close the door. Let your family know that you need a few minutes of quiet time.
- Create some sacred space. Perhaps you’ll choose to light a candle or some incense. Place crystals or flowers in front of you for a gazing point. It should be simple, yet special to you.
- Write down your intention. Be extremely detailed and specific about what it would be like to have it and why you want it that way.
- Sit in a comfortable position. This can be on a cushion on the floor or in a chair as long as you are not straining or distracted. Keep your back straight and chin tilted slightly downward.
- Rest your hands gently in your lap. You may nestle one palm above the other, face up. If you prefer a specific hand position or mudra, you may do that instead.
- Close your eyes. Turn your thoughts inward, and try to let the outer world fade away.
- Breathe deeply through your nose. Inhale fully, and then slowly exhale through your mouth. Repeat this seven times.
- Allow your thoughts to settle. This may take several minutes or even longer if you have never meditated before. You’ll notice that all of your worries and random thoughts from the day will come to the surface. Just observe them for a moment, and let them go.
- Refocus your attention on your breath if you get distracted by your thoughts. The idea is to break the rambling thoughts by reminding yourself through breathing that those thoughts are not actually happening. You may have to do this frequently, especially in the beginning.
- When your thoughts have quieted down, think of the intention you have chosen to focus on. See yourself achieving your goal step by step. Try to create the experience in your mind as fully as you can, down to the last detail. Explore all of your senses to make the experience richer and more real to you.
- It is important to keep your thoughts positive, as if your intention is true right now. Entertaining doubtful thoughts or limitations is detrimental to this process. You must believe it to achieve it.
- Once you have visualized every detail and feeling that comes with your intention, release it into the world. Reaffirm your intention throughout the day, and behave as though it has already come true.
- Finish your meditation time with a moment of gratitude for all that you already have, and watch for little ways that your visualization is becoming more real throughout the day.
Of course this practice takes time to begin integrating into your life. Creating a vision board or writing down your intention where you can see it every day will keep your thoughts on track. Using an affirmation like, “I’m achieving <intention> every day,” will reaffirm your intentions. When you let the surface thoughts dissolve and program your intentions for success, there will be little signs showing you how to achieve your goals. Listening to your inner wisdom rather than the worrying and negative thoughts will show you the way. The information you need may not come in a big, obvious message from the intention fairy, however. It is more likely that you will get little nudges along the way, kind of like a trail of breadcrumbs. The more you reaffirm your intentions, the more clues you will find. Be willing to trust your inner voice and do what feels authentic and positive for yourself. You will reach your potential when what you are doing is full of good energy and emotions rather than doubt or negativity. They are the signals that you are on the right track.
Ok, so if it’s that easy, then why isn’t everyone rich and happy? This technique is difficult for some of us to achieve in our modern lifestyle, as we have much difficulty clearing our racing minds and sitting still with our inner selves. Daily practice is the only way to begin seeing results, so be patient and watch as it unfolds for you.
If you want a little more guidance to get you started in using meditation to unlock the power of your unconscious mind, read more about 3 Minute Meditations here.
May you reap the rewards of your good intentions. Dream without limits.
If you or someone you know would enjoy hearing from us, please visit us at Natural Health Wise and get free instant access to our 20 Superfoods Report, great recipes, nutrition information and much more.