Vegetable Soup – Irish Style
Shared from Allrecipes
Recipe by: COLMRYAN
“A thick vegetarian soup made from a selection of fresh vegetables. Suitable for any time of the year but designed for an Irish winter!”
Takes 30 minutes (10 for prep and 20 to cook)
198 cals per serving
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 large russet potatoes – peeled and cubed
- 1 parsnip, peeled and diced
- 1 turnip, peeled and diced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry potato flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup water, or as needed
- Place the carrots, potatoes, parsnip, turnip, leek and onion into a large saucepan. Fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until the vegetables are tender. Drain off water and puree vegetables in a blender or using a stick blender.
- Return the puree to the saucepan and stir in water to reach your desired thickness. Heat to a simmer and season with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy.
I would use mushroom or vegetable broth instead of water and omit the salt.
If you or someone you know would enjoy hearing from us, please visit us at Natural Health Wise and get free instant access to our 20 Superfoods Report, great recipes, nutrition information and much more.